Monday, December 22, 2008

It's almost Christmas...

So it's the 22nd of December. I think this is the first Christmas since I got married that I've not been stressed way beyond human limits. I don't know exactly why but it might have something to do with the fact that I let Dennie make (or forced him to make) some of the major decisions. And then I went with it, without second guessing or reevaluating, like I know way more than he does. I think I'm getting old. I haven't got near the "fight" left in me that I use to. Imagine if I'd done this years ago....

It's raining and you know how I feel about rain. I love it with all my senses. Sight, smell, sound and (to a lesser extent) feel. Hmmm, what else is there? Oh, taste. I guess rainwater tastes good too, but I'm not so sure when it's filtered through the smog and stuff. But the first three for sure. And I guess it makes it even better when you live in Southern California where it goes for years without a drop!!! I'm exaggerating a bit here. It alway rains a little just to tease me. This year it has started early and hard. I don't know what our totals are but I bet they're on up there.

Some pictures of morning frost.

1 comment:

Ivy Skinner said...

I'm not stressed this year either. About Christmas, that is. I've got everything done...and well, I can't stress about Christmas when there are other, more important, things to stress about. :)
...Breathe In...Breathe Out..... ..................................
..................................... ..................................... ..................................... ................................... BREATHE !