Monday, December 15, 2008

The Eastern Idaho Kids











I went to Idaho while Dennie was working in Salt Lake City, to see the Leah and Erin families. (Same trip to Provo to see Ethan in the Symphonic Orchestra) The weather was great and the kids were cute. Leah went with me to Erin's house. The Erin's kids were a whirlwind of dancing, playing the piano and getting their back stratched. That evening we went to Erin's Releif Society Christmas Dinner where Erin played the piano and sang. She was very good. I don't think I've ever actually heard her sing a solo before. We left all the kids except the twins with Jon. Teagan and Beau are starting to crawl but they stayed put pretty well during the program and we were able to see most of it. Erin's ward is very friendly and made us feel welcome. The food was excellent!

Back to Erin's and then home to Leah's by around 9:30. Spent the night and the next day we met Erin and kids at Erin's in-laws, a five acre place on the west outskirts of Idaho Falls. What a beautiful place. Just what I picture me and Den living on when he retires. I took pictures of Leah and the kids and then headed back to SLC to pick up Dennie and head on down to Provo where Ethan had fixed dinner for us. All my kids beat me at cooking but some really have a talent for it. I think Ethan is one of those. We had pork chops, cooked to perfection, and salad. We then went to a voice recital, a girl Ethan knows from the cast of Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was very entertaining. She sang opera to show tunes to some really clever stuff.

Here are some pictures of the trip.

3 comments:

Cammy said...

When did you go to Idaho? Leah's hair looks short, different from when I saw her. It must have been recent. I just cut my hair too. that picture is so cute. I thought I just talked to you mom and you said nothing about going to Idaho. Hmmm. I guess I should call you again .:)

Ivy Skinner said...

Great pictures. You're a blog master now.

Becky said...

Thank you (bow), thank you (bow). Or is that bow as in a hair bow? How do you spell bough anyway?

Cam, I wrote you an email. Yes, Leah cut her hair. I want a picture of your hair.